Red Hat Broadens Skill Certifications Program With New Rhct ...
Red Hat Broadens Skill Certifications Program With New Rhct Certification; Red Hat
Certified Technician Designed for Production Technicians Supporting Linux Deployments
RALEIGH, NC, Nov 4, 2002 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Red Hat, Inc. (Nasdaq:RHAT), the world's premier open source and Linux
provider, today announced the expansion of its successful skills certification program to include a new certification: Red Hat
Certified Technician (RHCT).
RHCT continues Red Hat's well-received performance-based approach to certification: RHCT candidates will experience a
hands-on approach by actually working with the systems directly to demonstrate their capabilities with the RHCT competencies.
RHCT covers the skills specific to production technicians and are a subset of the skills tested in RHCE (Red Hat Certified
Engineer). RHCT certified technicians can continue their studies to qualify for RHCE certification and progress their careers to
become managers of Linux network infrastructures.
RHCT certification will be a valuable goal for those transitioning to Linux from other UNIX operating systems, or who want to
prove their competencies at a midway point on the way to RHCE. RHCE is named one of the ten hottest certifications in IT.
Persons entering the Linux market from non-IT careers will find RHCT the logical first certification to prove their competency to
Red Hat's launch of RHCT is yet another sign that Linux is making inroads into corporate computing environments.
"Four years ago when we unveiled RHCE, 'entry level' meant system and network administration for specialized Linux servers
and internet roles," said Peter Childers, vice president of Global Learning Services at Red Hat. "Now we are preparing a new
cadre of certified Linux techicians -- journeymen system administrators who set up and support Linux systems throughout
production networks, who have earned RHCT and are on their way to RHCE."
"Enterprise customers are impressed by the caliber and quality of Red Hat's RHCE training and certification," said Tony
Moretto, vice president of Global Services for Red Hat. "Now even more people can prove their skills using the same method,
and get ready for careers supporting Linux systems inside companies."
The RHCT performance based exam is a half-day, and will be included in RH133 Red Hat Linux System Administration and as
RH202 starting in January 2003, the fourth anniversary of the RHCE Program. Details on RHCT and RH133 are available at:
About Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Started in January 1999, RHCE is a performance-based training and certification program and de facto standard Linux
certification, with over 11,800 RHCE exams taken and 6,600 RHCEs certified. RHCE is the top-rated IT certification overall for
quality, chosen number one in multiple categories including overall quality of program, education, and exams. (Certification
Magazine/Fairfield Research, Jan. 2002)
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world's premier open source and Linux provider. Red Hat is headquartered in Raleigh, N.C. and has offices
worldwide. Its European headquarters is based in Surrey, UK, with offices throughout Europe. Please visit Red Hat on the Web
LINUX is a trademark of Linus Torvalds. RED HAT is a registered trademark of Red Hat, Inc. All other names and trademarks
are the property of their respective owners.
Forward-looking statements in this press release are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 21E of the
Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Investors are cautioned that statements in this press release that are not strictly historical
statements, including, without limitation, management's plans and objectives for future operations, and management's
assessment of market factors, constitute forward-looking statements which involve risks and uncertainties. These risks and
uncertainties include, without limitation, reliance upon strategic relationships, management of growth, the possibility of
undetected software errors, the risks of economic downturns generally, and in Red Hat's industry specifically, the risks
associated with competition and competitive pricing pressures, the viability of the Internet, and other risks detailed in Red Hat's
filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which may be accessed through the SEC's Web site at
CONTACT: Red Hat, Inc., Raleigh
Dayna Muller, 919/754-3700
Leigh Day, 919/754-3700
- Related pdf books
- Novatel Wireless Enters M2M Smart Devices Market in ...
- TRW Reports Record First Quarter 2011 Financial Results
- JPMORGAN CHASE INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL - NASDAQOMX.com
- Årsrapport 2010 DEH endelig 2
- Applied Biosystems and Celera to Webcast Investor Meetings
- CORPORATE OVERVIEW WGL HOLDINGS, INC. - NASDAQOMX.com
- Lam Research Corporation Advances CMP Edge Control With New ...
- OSI SYSTEMS INC - NASDAQOMX.com
- Motorola Foundation Grants $5 Million to Programs That Engage ...
- Corporate Governance Guidelines of ManTech International ...
- Annual Report - NASDAQOMX.com
- GRAMERCY CAPITAL CORP - NASDAQOMX.com
- DOLLAR GENERAL CORPORATION COMPENSATION COMMITTEE CHARTER
- Red Lion Hotels Sets Industry Standard With Launch of New Web ...
- NUCYNTATM™ tapentadol CII Immediate Release Tablets Now
- IR Contact: PR Contact: Netflix CEO to Present at the Morgan ...
- 2014 ANNUAL STRESS TEST DISCLOSURE - NASDAQOMX.com
- Popular epubs
- Community to Commerce: The Red Hat/Fedora/FOSS Model
- Red Light New Music DONATION SLIP
- Service des Examens et des Certifications Titres
- 9.0 SUBMISSION FORMS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- 9.0 SUBMISSION FORMS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Microsoft Word - History Major Program (new)
- Proposal for the Initiation of a New Instructional Program
- Family and Consumer Sciences Certifications
- New York State Parent Education and Awareness Program ...
- By Board action, only those board certifications as ...
- Ankur Agrawal
- Red Hat Linux Authorized Program RH300 – Red Hat Certified ...