The Geography of China
The Geography of China
Michele Lasker and Joan Sizemore
November 10, 2002 – Handout
Worksheet of Instructions for
Labeling the Provinces and Geographic Features – Two Maps
Map 1 – Geographic Features
1. Label the following bodies of water using blue.
Pacific Ocean, Yangtze River, Pearl River, East China Sea, South China Sea, Sea of
Okhotsk, and Yellow Sea
2. Label the following cities using a star within a circle.
Shanghai, Beijing, Xi’An, Canton, Harbin, Urumqi, and Guangzhou
3. Label the following mountain ranges with an upside down v.
Himalayas, Quinling, and Altai
4. Label the Islands in yellow.
Hainan, and Hong Kong
5. Label the countries in green.
Mongolia, Russia, Japan, Vietnam Laos
6. Label the desert in brown.
The Gobi Desert
Map 2 – The Provinces
7. On the Label the provinces that have the nine minorities that we will
be studying using green, purple, orange, red, and yellow. Shade
lightly with your map pencils. All of the labels need to be placed
horizontally and should be printed.
Anhui, Gansu, Jiangxi, Jilin, Hainan, Heilongjiang, Fujian, Guangdong, Jiangsu, Guizhou,
Hebei, Henan, Hubei, Liaoning, Sha’anxi, Shanxi, Zhejiang, Hunan, Qinghai, Shandong,
Sichuan, Taiwan, and Yunnan.
8. Locate your minority group using the Map of the Distribution of
Nationalities in the Peoples’ Republic of China, 1998
The minorities are: The Dong, the Miao, the Uighur, the Zhuang, the Man, the Dai, the
Bai, the Oroqen, and the Li.
- Related pdf books
- “Flyover Country” and the Evolution of the Idea of Two ...
- Globalization Four Paths of Internationalization and Domestic
- CALBC Meeting Agenda 9 19 08
- Food Sovereignty: A Critical Dialogue - Yale University
- continued >
- Epidemiology and Public Health 2003–2004 - Yale University
- MB&B Year 2-4 Report - Yale University
- Central Power Plant
- The Yale Herald - 0, 0 - India: The Next Step in Yale's ...
- My Benefits Homepage –Recent Updates
- How Do Consumers Respond to Gasoline Price Shocks Heterogeneity
- Black Gold Tour to the Persian Gulf Day-to-day interactions ...
- Slavery As a Problem in Public History
- Bones of Contention 7-28
- in My Time (Kronos) (for Windows based computers)
- Improved “Position Squared” Readout Using Degenerate Cavity Modes
- mrggswomen.txt U.S. SKI AND SNOWBOARD ASSOCIATION USCSA ...
- Popular epubs
- Geography,Economic Policy,and Regional Development in China
- Geography Shapes Life in Ancient China
- Geography Geography Geography
- GEOGRAPHY OF THE UNITED STATES Geography 321 [#15245] — Spring ...
- Medical geography or geography of health? A reflection Flávia de ...
- Geography / 159 Geography
- UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA Department of Geography GEOGRAPHY 3280 ...
- Department of Geography UNDERGRADUATE COURSES IN Geography
- CHINA CHINA CHINA CHINA
- 2000 Census Geography 2000 Census Geography
- China documentary features local businesses - 2004-03-01 - Pacific Business News (Honolulu) Page 1 of 3
- A Multilingual Geographic Feature Classification Index for China and Japan